Should I Go to Barber School?
Are you considering enrolling in barber school in order to get your barber license? In Texas, the only way to become a legal and licensed barber is to complete a barbering program and once you have completed your training pass the state licensing exams.
At Quality Barber College, we help our barbering students begin thinking about their career path once they finish school from early on. We prepare them with the knowledge of how to cut hair and provide barber services as well as how to make smart business decisions that will improve the path they are on.
Benefits of Attending Barber School
There are several benefits to attending barber school:
- Professional Training: Barber school provides you with professional training and education in all aspects of barbering, including cutting, styling, and grooming techniques. You’ll learn the skills needed to work as a barber and develop a strong foundation for your career.
- State Licensure: In most states, attending barber school is a requirement to become a licensed barber. Completing a state-approved program and passing the licensing exam is necessary to legally practice as a barber.
- Career Opportunities: Attending barber school opens up a variety of career opportunities in the beauty and grooming industry. You can work as a barber in a traditional barbershop or salon, or pursue other related careers such as becoming a men’s hairstylist or a grooming consultant.
- Hands-On Experience: Barber school provides hands-on experience, giving you the opportunity to practice your skills in a supervised environment. You’ll have the opportunity to work with clients, perfect your techniques, and gain confidence in your abilities.
- Community and Networking: Barber school provides you with the opportunity to connect with other students, instructors, and industry professionals. You’ll build relationships and a professional network that can be valuable throughout your career.
Overall, attending barber school provides you with the education, training, and credentials needed to pursue a career in the grooming industry. It’s a great way to gain the skills and experience necessary to build a successful career as a barber.
What do you learn in barber school?
In barber school, students learn a variety of skills related to hair cutting, styling, and grooming. The specific curriculum may vary depending on the school and the state’s licensing requirements, but the following are some of the topics that are typically covered:
- Haircutting techniques: Students learn different techniques for cutting men’s hair, including clipper cutting, scissor cutting, and razor cutting. They learn how to create different hair styles, such as fades, tapers, and textured cuts.
- Shaving and beard trimming: Students learn how to perform traditional straight razor shaves and how to trim and shape beards and mustaches.
- Hair coloring: Students learn how to apply hair color and highlights to men’s hair.
- Sanitation and safety: Students learn about proper sanitation and safety practices to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Business management: Students learn about the business side of running a barber shop, including bookkeeping, marketing, and customer service.
- State regulations: Students learn about the state’s laws and regulations related to barbering, including licensing requirements, health and safety regulations, and sanitation standards.
Quality Barber College offers flexible options to help fit your lifestyle. Upon completion of the program, students are eligible to take the state licensing exam to become licensed barbers.
Do I Need Additional Training to Become a Barber Instructor?
Who can teach in Barber and Cosmetology in schools after September 1, 2021?
Effective September 1, 2021, a school may employ someone to provide instruction if the person holds a TDLR license to perform the acts of barbering or cosmetology for which the person will provide instruction. For example, a person who holds a Class A Barber license may teach all methods of barbering and a person who holds a Cosmetology Operator license may teach all methods of cosmetology. However, a licensed Manicurist may teach only the services a licensed manicurist may perform.
A licensed school may offer instruction in the course curriculums which have been approved by the department. A licensed school must have at least one person on the school’s premises to instruct for every 25 students.
Flexible Barber Classes in Houston, Texas
Our team understands that many of our students have families and jobs that make it difficult for them to be enrolled in school full time. This is why we have worked hard to provide the most flexible barber courses in Houston.
Every course we offer is accessible to individuals with families and careers because of our flexible scheduling and affordable rates. If you have been considering making a change and exploring new ways to use your barber skills, schedule a tour of our licensed barber school today.
We will answer any questions you have and provide you with a more in-depth explanation about the course while introducing you to instructors, showing you our facility, and letting you get a feel for the atmosphere of barbering.
Quality Barber College in Houston, TX
Quality Barber College has built a state-of-the-art facility that stands out from any other barber school in the area, setting the tone for the quality education we provide. We chose our location to make commuting easy for students throughout the Greater Houston area.
Our staff offers hands-on training to ensure every student gains the skills and knowledge they need to pass their state licensing exam and become a successful barber in Texas. We offer a range of courses for part-time and full-time students. These courses include Class A Barber classes, cosmetology to barber crossover classes, and barber instructor classes.
Quality Barber College proudly accepts students from all over the Greater Houston area including Alief, Fondren Houston, Hiram Clarke Houston, Meyerland, Missouri City, Pearland, Reliant/NRG, South Post Oak, Southwest Houston, Sugar Land, and other surrounding areas. If you are looking for a quality education without compromise, contact us today.
Quality Barber College
12363 S Main Street
Houston, TX 77035
View Google Business Listing