How Long Does Barber School Take?
Are you considering starting a new career in a creative field? Do you want financial stability without sacrificing your own satisfaction? Becoming a barber could be the perfect choice for you. Barbers get to express themselves creatively while also working in a field that will always have a demand for experienced professionals. Additionally, if you are looking to complete your schooling quickly, barber school is a good fit.
So, how long does barber school take?
- Class A Barber Program: The Class A Barber Program requires 1,000 hours of instruction. This course can be completed in as little as 30 weeks for full-time students in a class for 34 hours a week, and 50 weeks for part-time students in a class for 20 hours a week. This course prepares students for a successful career as a barber. We go over everything from the basics to advanced techniques. If you are interested in an exciting career as a barber, contact us today!
- Cosmetology Barber Crossover: Our Cosmetology Barber Crossover program consists of 300 hours of instruction. This course can be completed in as little as 8 weeks for full-time students in a class for 40 hours a week, and 15 weeks for part-time students in a class for 20 hours a week. This course helps cosmetologists expand their knowledge and offer more services to their clients. Our instructors will help build your skill set and prepare you for the state licensing exam. Learn more about this program when you contact us today.
Benefits of Becoming a Barber
If you are interested in starting a barber career, familiarizing yourself with some of the benefits of becoming a licensed barber is a great idea. Listed below are 3 of the top benefits you can gain by attending Quality Barber College and passing your state licensing exam:
- Flexibility: Barbers have a lot of flexibility when it comes to choosing when they work and the nature of their work. As a barber you can be independent and bring in your own clients, you can work for a barber shop, or even make the choice to open your own barber shop where you hire a team to work with you. You will have the freedom to choose a schedule that works for your specific needs. Most barbers busiest time is the weekend, so you will want to take this into account before choosing this as your career.
- In-Demand: The growing demand for barbers means job security for you after you complete schooling and pass your state licensing exam. Our team will work with you to ensure you are fully prepared for your testing and have all the skills needed to have a successful career as a professional barber.
- Earning Potential: Some of the most skillful barbers are earning well into six figure incomes. If you are willing to hustle for your craft, work on promoting yourself, and continue learning new and trendy styles, you have the potential to continue increasing your salary and making more than enough money to support yourself. Stability is key for many people when considering a new career path, with barbering you can create a stable future for yourself.
Still unsure if starting a career as a barber is right for you? No worries, our team of instructors would love to sit down and speak with you further. We schedule appointments with potential students to go over coursework, show off our beautiful facility, and answer any specific questions you or your family may have that pertain to the industry or our school. Call us today to learn more about your options with our school.
Quality Barber College in Houston, TX
Quality Barber College has built a state-of-the-art facility that stands out from any other barber school in the area, setting the tone for the quality education we provide. We chose our location to make commuting easy for students throughout the Greater Houston area. Our staff offers hands-on training to ensure every student gains the skills and knowledge they need to pass their state licensing exam and become a successful barber in Texas. We offer a range of courses for part-time and full-time students. These courses include Class A Barber classes, cosmetology to barber crossover classes, and barber instructor classes.
Quality Barber College proudly accepts students from all over the Greater Houston area including Alief, Fondren Houston, Hiram Clarke Houston, Meyerland, Missouri City, Pearland, Reliant/NRG, South Post Oak, Southwest Houston, Sugar Land, and other surrounding areas. If you are looking for a quality education without compromise, contact us today.
Quality Barber College
12363 S Main Street
Houston, TX 77035
View Google Business Listing