Trades You Can Learn in Under a Year
Trade school programs can be excellent choices for high school graduates that are looking for a way to become financially independent without getting a 4-year college degree. Don’t have your high school diploma? Most vocational schools accept a GED to allow you to begin vocational training.
At Quality Barber College we provide certificate programs that the state requires you to complete in order to take state licensing exams. Our school offers you hands-on job training and knowledge to help you succeed in your testing and in your career.
How Long Does it Take to Become a Barber?
Quality Barber College offers full-time and part-time barber programs for students. If you are interested in taking classes full-time you can be finished in under 7 months. For students that choose to enroll in our part-time program, it is possible to complete our Class A Barber Program in under 12 months. This means, regardless if you are a full-time or part-time student, it is possible to complete our program in a year.
- Class A Barber Program: The Class A Barber Program requires 1,000 hours of instruction. This course can be completed in as little as 30 weeks for full-time students in a class for 34 hours a week, and 50 weeks for part-time students in a class for 20 hours a week. This course prepares students for a successful career as a barber. We go over everything from the basics to advanced techniques. If you are interested in an exciting career as a barber, contact us today!
- Cosmetology Barber Crossover: Our Cosmetology Barber Crossover program consists of 300 hours of instruction. This course can be completed in as little as 8 weeks for full-time students in a class for 40 hours a week, and 15 weeks for part-time students in a class for 20 hours a week. This course helps cosmetologists expand their knowledge and offer more services to their clients. Our instructors will help build your skill set and prepare you for the state licensing exam. Learn more about this program when you contact us today.
Barber Classes at Night in Houston
We work hard to keep our scheduling flexible so all students have the opportunity to succeed at our school. We are now offering part-time students the option to take classes at night. This helps single parents, working individuals, and more to get a quality education on their own time. Contact our school today to learn more about the scheduling options at Quality Barber College in Houston.
Begin School Before You Graduate High School
Quality Barber College allows students to enroll before they have graduated high school. If you are able to dedicate the time and energy required to complete our program, have reliable transportation, and are at least, you may be a good candidate for our Class-A Barber Program.
Barber Program License Requirements in Texas
Barbers are the experts of men’s style, invoking the spirit of traditional masculinity. As a barber, you will specialize in the cutting, styling, and trimming of hair, beards, and moustaches. If you’re ready to begin your career as a barber in Texas, you will first need to become familiar with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) and the Texas State Board of Barber Examiners, which are the agencies responsible for regulating the education and exam requirements for barbers throughout the state.
For guidance on how to meet the Texas barber licensing requirements and how to become a licensed barber in Texas, follow the steps in this guide:
- Graduate from a 1500-Hour Texas Barber Training Hour Requirements
- Pass the Texas Practical and Theory Licensing Examinations
- Attain an Initial Barber License from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
- Start your Career as a Barber in Texas
- Renew your Texas Barber License Biannually
Quality Barber College in Houston, TX
Quality Barber College has built a state-of-the-art facility that stands out from any other barber school in the area, setting the tone for the quality education we provide. We chose our location to make commuting easy for students throughout the Greater Houston area. Our staff offers hands-on training to ensure every student gains the skills and knowledge they need to pass their state licensing exam and become a successful barber in Texas. We offer a range of courses for part-time and full-time students. These courses include Class A Barber classes, cosmetology to barber crossover classes, and barber instructor classes.
Quality Barber College proudly accepts students from all over the Greater Houston area including Alief, Fondren Houston, Hiram Clarke Houston, Meyerland, Missouri City, Pearland, Reliant/NRG, South Post Oak, Southwest Houston, Sugar Land, and other surrounding areas. If you are looking for a quality education without compromise, contact us today.
Quality Barber College
12363 S Main Street
Houston, TX 77035
View Google Business Listing