Texas Department of Licensing has specific requirements for barber students looking to become a professional barbering instructor. These are outlined below:
To be eligible for a barber instructor license, you must:
- be at least 18 years of age;
- have a high school diploma or a high school equivalency certificate;
- hold a current Class A barber certificate;
- have completed:
- a course consisting of 750 hours of instruction in barber courses and methods of teaching in a barber school; or
- at least one year of work experience as a licensed Class A barber; and,
- have completed 500 hours of instruction in barber courses and methods of teaching in a commission-approved training program; or
- have completed 15 semester hours in education courses from an accredited college or university within the 10 years preceding the date of the application; or
- have obtained a degree in education from an accredited college or university; and
- pass the written and practical exams.
Flexible Barber Instructor Classes in Houston, Texas
Are you currently a barber licensed in Texas? Do you wish to make a change and focus on sharing your knowledge and skillset with up-and-coming barbers? If so, our flexible barber instructor course is the perfect fit for your needs. This course provides licensed barbers the opportunity to learn additional techniques and skills, to prepare them for an exciting career as a barber instructor. This course requires 750 clock hours and can be completed in 20 weeks for full-time students and 38 weeks for part-time students.
All of our courses are accessible to individuals with families and careers because of our flexible scheduling and affordable rates. If you have been considering making a change and exploring new ways to use your barber skills, schedule a tour of our licensed barber school today. We will answer any questions you have and provide you with a more in-depth explanation about the course.
Quality Barber College in Houston, TX
Quality Barber College has built a state-of-the-art facility that stands out from any other barber school in the area, setting the tone for the quality education we provide. We chose our location to make commuting easy for students throughout the Greater Houston area. Our staff offers hands-on training to ensure every student gains the skills and knowledge they need to pass their state licensing exam and become a successful barber in Texas.
We offer a range of courses for part-time and full-time students. These courses include Class A Barber classes, cosmetology to barber crossover classes, and barber instructor classes.
Quality Barber College proudly accepts students from all over the Greater Houston area including Alief, Fondren Houston, Hiram Clarke Houston, Meyerland, Missouri City, Pearland, Reliant/NRG, South Post Oak, Southwest Houston, Sugar Land, and other surrounding areas. If you are looking for a quality education without compromise, contact us today.
Quality Barber College
12363 S Main Street
Houston, TX 77035
Google Business Listing